10-1/2" Brooder Clamp Light w/Porcelain Ceramic Socket
We have found the 10-1/2" Brooder Clamp Light w/Porcelain Ceramic Socket very promising in terms of function, practicality, and usefulness. However, there are draw backs to this product because of the Porcelain Ceramic Socket. Here is what we have noticed.
- Ceramic Sockets allow for use of higher temperature bulbs, making it very effective for lighting areas that require brighter intensity along with duration.
- Due to the socket being porcelain, NO switch comes prefixed to the mechanism.
- Plastic Sockets are the only ones made with switches. It should be noted that plastic sockets comes with much lower temperature bulb rating. Anything above manufacture's recommended specs increases the risk of premature failure or fire.
- The Cord from the butt of the Porcelain Socket to the end of the Outlet is a little under 6' (71" to be exact). You will need an extension cord to do any targeted work.
- The ALUMINUM reflexive bowl is very thin and can easily bend, punctured, or cut. Customer(s) looking for pristine age related product...from the day of purchase to end of it's usefulness~ will be greatly disappointed. This product gets easily scarred.
- We recommend purchasing a receptacle outlet with a on/off switch if you plan on using the 10-1/2 Brooder Clamp Light w/Porcelain Ceramic Socket. If not, you will have to plug and unplug directly from the receptacle outlet.